LL.M. in Tax Law is a lato sensu graduate program designed to give students the ability to understand and analyze critically, from a multidisciplinary standpoint, the key legal, regulatory and oversight matters associated with taxation in Brazil.
Who should attend
Professionals with at least three years of professional experience in the selected concentration who can work in advisory, preventative and litigious capacities with a focus on advisory and creative interpretations supported by theoretical and practical knowledge of the main taxes in kind and the associated lawsuits and administrative procedures.
Why should I choose Insper’s LL.M. in Tax Law?
Insper’s LL.M. programs offer a learning experience that is active, participatory and interdisciplinary and goes far beyond mere theory. Over the course of the programs, students work in teams supported by extensive discussion with colleagues of similar experience and a direct vision that provides practical, comprehensive and competent coverage of the main legal and corporate issues of today.
The rigorous admissions process results in homogenous classes that make the most of classroom discussions and provide a rich exchange of experiences.
The competencies developed by the program prepare students to deftly navigate the competitive market, which suffers from a shortage of professionals specialized in the field, especially given the expansion of globalization, which is responsible for major changes in financial and capital markets. The program provides a comprehensive, practical and competent vision of law, covering the key legal and business issues of today.
The program’s faculty is formed by prominent professionals who have not only vast market experience, but also are equipped with the latest teaching and learning techniques.
Graduate program (lato sensu) in Tax Law
Total class time: 375 hours, which should be completed in approximately 18 months, as well as the completion of a thesis.
- Conducting in-depth analyses of economic and financial system from a critical and strategic standpoint
- Understanding tax matters and their impacts on society
- Conducting tax planning and solving complex legal issues
- Working on a results-oriented team
- Presenting legal solutions and justifying arguments with technical and conceptual expertise
- Working with a comprehensive and competent vision of the legal and tax areas
General competencies to be developed
- Interdisciplinary vision for solving legal problems in the corporate context, while developing the capacity to interpret complex issues
- Research capacity in the areas of law, doctrine and precedents, including for the drafting of high-level academic works
- Working individually and on teams while combining the skills of leadership, research, vision and ethical behavior applied to the discussion of practical cases
- Analytical thinking through continuous debate with professors and other students
André Antunes Soares de Camargo
Associate Dean LL.M. – Master of Laws Programs
Doctor of Commercial Law from the University of São Paulo (USP); LL.M. in Corporate and Contractual Law from the University of California; Bachelor of Laws from Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie in São Paulo; professor and dean of the LL.M. programs at Insper; professor in the Business Administration, Corporate and MBA programs at Insper. Visiting professor at the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland (2008). Practiced law in São Paulo in the areas of corporate, business, contractual and capital markets law and corporate governance.