The LL.M. in Financial and Capital Markets Law is a lato sensu graduate program designed to give students the ability to understand and analyze critically, from a multidisciplinary standpoint, the regulatory and practical matters related to the main products in the banking industry and in capital markets.
Who should attend
Professionals with at least three years of professional experience in the selected concentration who work with complex legal issues, have an in-depth, technical and critical understanding of aspects of a conceptual, regulatory and practical nature concerning the main products in the banking industry and capital markets, and want to expand their capacities in the public and private sectors, particularly in the corporate and financial areas.
Why should I choose Insper’s LL.M. in Financial and Capital Markets Law?
Insper’s LL.M. programs offer a learning experience that is active, participatory and interdisciplinary and goes far beyond mere theory. Over the course of the programs, students work in teams supported by extensive discussion with colleagues of similar experience and a direct vision that provides practical, comprehensive and competent coverage of the main legal and corporate issues of today.
The rigorous admissions process results in homogenous classes that make the most of classroom discussions and provide a rich exchange of experiences.
The competencies developed by the program prepare students to deftly navigate the competitive market, which suffers from a shortage of professionals specialized in the field, especially given the expansion of globalization, which is responsible for major changes in financial and capital markets. The program provides a comprehensive, practical and competent vision of law, covering the key legal and business issues of today.
The program’s faculty is formed by prominent professionals who have not only vast market experience, but also are equipped with the latest teaching and learning techniques.
- Conducting in-depth analyses of financial transactions and products from a critical and strategic standpoint
- Understanding financial markets from a regulatory and practical standpoint
- Presenting legal solutions and justifying arguments with technical and conceptual expertise
- Working on a results-oriented team
- Obtaining a comprehensive and competent vision of the business and financial areas
General competencies to be developed
- Interdisciplinary vision for solving legal problems in the corporate context, while developing the capacity to interpret complex issues
- Research capacity in the areas of law, doctrine and precedents, including for the drafting of high-level academic works
- Working individually and on teams while combining the skills of leadership, research, vision and ethical behavior applied to the discussion of practical cases
- Analytical thinking through continuous debate with professors and other students
André Antunes Soares de Camargo
Associate Dean LL.M. – Master of Laws Programs
Doctor of Commercial Law from the University of São Paulo (USP); LL.M. in Corporate and Contractual Law from the University of California; Bachelor of Laws from Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie in São Paulo; professor and dean of the LL.M. programs at Insper; professor in the Business Administration, Corporate and MBA programs at Insper. Visiting professor at the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland (2008). Practiced law in São Paulo in the areas of corporate, business, contractual and capital markets law and corporate governance.