The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in Brazil, sponsored annually by the SBC (Brazilian Computer Society). SVR brings together researchers, students and professionals from various academic, industrial and commercial areas interested in the advances in and applications of VR and AR.
The SVR aims to bring together researchers, promoting the exchange of experiences and facilitating interaction between research groups, creating better conditions for the development of new inter-institutional research groups, as well as acting as an instrument to disseminate the advances in Virtual and Augmented Reality in Brazil and the world.
The SVR is composed of several activities that include : Pre-Symposium ; Short Courses ; Invited keynotes (national and international); Technical sessions for presentation of selected papers and Exhibition of products by companies operating in the RA and RV market.
The main topics of interest to the event are:
- Systems and tools for VR and AR
- Rendering techniques
- Advanced technologies for optical display
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR
- 3D interaction
- Interaction devices
- Audio systems and other non-visual interfaces
- Tracking and Sensing
- Modeling and Simulation
- Hardware graphics acceleration
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Games for VR/AR
- Presence, Immersion and Interaction in VR/AR/Mixed Reality(MR)
- Social impacts, economic and technical aspects of VR/AR
- Studies and evaluation with users
- Applications of VR/AR/MR